The Communications Director for the Millwoods Minor Football Association is responsible for written communications produced by the association and distributed to its members and the public. Duties include layout design, writing, and photography on a variety of projects including, but not limited to, registration, quarterly newsletters, programs, press releases, and website maintenance. The Communications Director is also responsible for engaging in public relations and establishing rapport with local press and media in order to promote the association and further its impact in the community.
Contact The PR Director
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Attendance at monthly Board meetings.
- Serve a two year term at minimum.
- Good organization and verbal/written communication skills.
Planning & Management
- Works with the Board to develop annual communications schedule, including new initiatives and ideas.
- Acquire and organize contact information for local press and media (print, web, radio, etc.).
- Contact media via phone or personal meeting to establish a relationship with the association.
- Develop press packets and send to media contacts after personal contact has been made.
- Communicate with Board of Directors and with media contacts about association events on an ongoing basis.
- Develop strategy for media advisories, press releases, editorials.
- Identify six strategic, high volume areas on the Southside of Edmonton in which to place spring player registration signs. This is usually done in mid February.
- Choose three local sign companies and request a quotation for six signs to be placed at the chosen locations for approximately two months. These signs should be placed starting in mid April until mid June.