2017 Midget Registration Packages can be accepted at our “Bear Den” 7008 – 23 Avenue (Millwoods Park Pavilion—far west door of grey building surrounded by the parking lot and turf football field):
- Monday, January 23 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Midget level only—no other registration dates). Equipment will be sized and distributed at a later date.
- Tuesday, January 24 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (Midget level only—no other registration dates). Equipment will be sized and distributed at a later date.
- Wednesday, January 25 between 6:30 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. (All levels—more registration dates in Feb through May). Equipment will be sized and distributed at a later date.
For more information, please visit the Registration Page.
Midget football is for players who players in grade 9 – 11.
Midget football runs very early in the year and is not intended to conflict with High School football programs. The season is very short, beginning in March and ending by mid May.
Our team at the Midget level is the:
CDMFA Midget Rules
- Recruiting Boundaries
- Rules of Play
- Team responsibilities
- The season will be scheduled to begin around the first weekend in April and be completed before the May long weekend.
- Games will be scheduled to make every attempt avoid conflicts with Bantam Bowl and Summer Games selections.
- Practices are not to exceed 3 per week at 2 hours each.
- Teams may begin full equipment practices on March 1 of the current year.
- Limited to a maximum of 50 players, broken down as follows:
- Maximum of Twenty (22) roster spots for Grade 11 players
- Newly registered players may play for a team provided their registration is completed in the CDMFA system by midnight April 15th for the Midget season
- Roster will be electronically entered on CDMFA web site.
- Final roster must be completed by first full equipment practice.
- The final team roster with assigned Jersey numbers must be completed before the first regular season game.
- Grade 8 players are no longer eligible to play Midget football (RPP Rule 2.4 [c]).
- Same rules that apply to Bantam will apply to Midget.
- A Player Release will be required from the Association(s) that a player geographically should be playing for, to play out of his/her area.
- Players from geographic areas not represented by an Association with a Midget team are free to play on any midget team they choose.
- Minimum Level 1 certification for Head Coaches.
- All other coaches should be in the process of obtaining their certification.
- The CDMFA follows the Canadian Amateur Rule Book published by Football Canada however there may be some CDMFA “house” rules added for Midget as there are for the other levels.
- For example it has already been agreed that blocking below the waist at Midget will conform to ASAA rules as follows:
- Blocking below the waist except in the close line of play (between the tackles and within three yards of the line of scrimmage) is prohibited.
- Penalty for the infraction will be 10 yards.
- Team colours and names will be registered with CDMFA and will be submitted by each Association at the same time as the application fee.
- Official Game Balls shall be Wilson CFL, Wilson CIS (University) or the Wilson CDMFA Midget ball.
- Either the players will use the equipment of the Association operating the Midget team or equipment from the high school they intend to play for.
- Each team will provide the name of their Club Website Administrator.
- The CDMFA will provide website access to the Club Administrator who will in-turn provide access for the Club and Team Level registrars and scorekeepers.
- All registrations will be done on-line with support paperwork maintained by the respective Association.
- Each team shall submit an application fee that will be set annually.
- This fee is due in full at the CDMFA board meeting before the first regular season game.
- Each Association is responsible for ensuring that all of their registered players have proper insurance coverage with Football Alberta for the duration of their Midget activities.
- Any player who played Bantam in the previous season is already covered until March 31.
- Any new player or High School player may already be covered as well provided their school purchased previous year insurance coverage through Football Alberta.
- New coverage begins April 1, each year and will extend through until March 31, the following year.
- The rate is set by Football Alberta.
- No player will be allowed to practice without being registered.
- Nor will any player be allowed to practice/play without being insured.
- No player is registered until he/she has been entered into the online registration system.
For more information, visit the CDMFA website.