Peewee football is for children who are 11 or 12 during the current calendar year.
Our team(s) at the Peewee level are the:
- Games will consist of four (4) quarters of fifteen (15) minutes straight time.
- The second (2nd) and fourth (4th) quarters will consist of fourteen (14) minutes of straight time followed by three (3) plays, as indicated by the Referee.
- A convert play or an accepted penalty will not be considered a play in the last 3 plays of the 2nd and 4th quarter.
- The use of a time out will not add an additional play to the quarter.
- Each team is entitled to two (2) Time Outs per half. Each time out will be one (1) minute in length.
- COACHES ARE ALLOWED ON THE FIELD DURING TIME OUTS.
No Direct Contact on Long Snapper
- No direct contact will be allowed on any player who is in the long snapping position until the player has completed the long snap and has lifted his/her head.
- PENALTY- Unnecessary Roughness.
- There can only be two (2) players on the field wearing numbers that are inappropriate for their position. These players must report to the Referee prior to each play.
- In extraordinary circumstances the Referee may designate a player for an entire game, thus making reporting to the Referee on each play unnecessary from that point on.
- Even with the exception above no more than two Players can occupy a position inappropriate by jersey number.
- Appropriate numbering is outlined in the rule book as:
- Eligible Receivers - 1 - 39, 70 -99
- Ineligible Receivers - 40 -69. (Rule 4- Sec. 3- Art. 1).
Home Team Responsibilities
- The home team as specified in the CDMFA schedule is responsible to have the goal posts padded, provide Downs Box and Stick Chains and provide the people to serve as the Stick Crew.
- The Home Team is also required to have the field appropriately lined for football and provide for lights and snow removal as required.
- The Home team must provide an appropriate football for game use.
Restraining zone Foul
- The penalty yardage for a Restraining Zone foul is five (5) yards.
- The point value of a convert is:
- two (2) points for a kicked convert one (1) point for convert that is a run or pass play.
- All other points are awarded as per the Canadian Rule Book for Tackle Football.